CAE Study Sessions
ISAE facilitates study groups for those preparing for the CAE exam. If you’re thinking about earning your CAE, you may want to sit in on these study sessions to prepare. All sessions are provided to ISAE members at no cost. Non-members can join these groups for a fee.
“I found it helpful to take the study session twice. The first time helped me get oriented to the material and plan my schedule for reading and studying. That made the second study session much more productive. Plus I learned from two different sets of peers.” — Rachel Daeger, CAE
CAE Study Group Schedule
Friday, February 24 – Application Deadline
Friday, May 5 – CAE Exam
May Exam Location: Sigma Theta Tau International Board Room, 550 W. North Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202 Map
Spring Study Session Dates and Domains Covered
March 22—Domain 5: Leadership
March 29—Domain 6: Administration; Domain 9: Marketing, Public Relations & Communications
April 5—Domain 2: Governance & Structure; Domain 3: Membership Development
April 12—Domain 1: Strategic Management; Domain 7: Knowledge Management & Research
April 19—Domain 8: Public Policy, Government Relations & Coalition Building; Domain 4: Programs, Products & Services
April 26—Practice Exam Results and Final Review
May 3—Optional Additional Review Session
All study sessions will be held from 4–6 p.m.
- Review the exam content outline and rate your level of knowledge on each task.
- Review the CAE Program Candidate Handbook (sample exam questions are included).
- Purchase the CAE Study Guide from ASAE.
- Ensure you have these resources available to you.
- Complete the recommended reading before the first study session.
- Join the CAE Candidates LinkedIn subgroup of ISAE for tips and additional resources.
- Check out these 10 tips to help you prepare for the CAE exam.
Study Sessions Location
ISAE Office, 9100 Purdue Road, Suite 200, Indianapolis, IN 46268 Map
Study Session Facilitators
Each session will be led by a combination of volunteers including:
- Rachel Daeger, CAE, executive director for the Society of Nutrition Education Behavior
- Patrick Jessee, JD, CAE, executive director for Delta Sigma Phi Fraternity
- Kim Paugh, CAE, association executive for Raybourn Group International
- Mark McSweeney, CAE, executive director for ISAE
- Jen Sanford, CAE, senior associations manager for Meeting Expectations
- Kirk Stelsel, CAE, director of communication for the National Precast Concrete Association